Pashley Speed 3
Pashley Speed 3
Pashley’s heritage special edition Speed 3 bicycle celebrates the year the company was founded by William “Rath” Pashley - 1926.
It is inspired by the path racers which were popular at that time and features a traditional Reynolds 531 steel frame in satin black with chrome and bright alloy components. These, together with the frame lug detailing and classic number plate, are deliberately reminiscent of the Art Deco period of the mid-1920s.
The Speed 3 is equipped with Sturmey Archer 3 speed gearing - technology that has stood the test of time. A unique headbadge has also been recreated for this very special bicycle.
- Historic racing frame with dynamic riding position: Authentic Path Racer frame with a long stable wheelbase and relaxed steering geometry, suited to speed cycling and gravel racing! With traditional frame-mounted race number plate and 1920s inspired art deco, silver-lined lug detailing. The frame is hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with original lightweight Reynolds 531 tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess.
- Iconic North Road handlebars: A Path Racer wouldn’t be complete without North Road dropped handlebars. These beautiful swept bars offer iconic style and a relaxed racing position. Finished with Pashley’s hand-crafted fine leather grips.
- Classic 3 speed hub gears: The traditional 3 speed, with easy-shift thumb lever, allows you to race along on flatter terrain, as well as tackle inclines whilst out on longer day rides.
- Special Edition frame plates: the Speed 3 SE features a special edition original 1920s stainless steel Pashley headbadge and 90th anniversary seat-tube plate.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Iconic GB wingnuts: adds to the Speed 3's authenticity and makes removal of the wheels that little bit easier. Manufactured in England using the original tooling.
- Silver half-link chain: eye catching design and tough construction to transfer powerful cadence.
- Classic tyres with puncture protection: a reliable tyre with a puncture protection insert, and a tread design that allows for secure contact with the road surface but with a low rolling resistance.
- Traditional Brooks B17 leather saddle: This is Brooks' flagship model - a 100 year old design ideal for sports touring. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.