CLEARANCE Pashley Princess Classic 2016 Model
CLEARANCE Pashley Princess Classic 2016 Model
The Princess is the epitome of the classic English cycling tradition. Its timeless looks and upright riding position hearkens back to a simpler time of relaxed trips into town, tranquil jaunts into the countryside and an altogether more peaceful style of cycling.
LIMITED COLOUR/SIZE COMBINATIONS OF 2016 MODEL AVAILABLE ON SALE
Buckingham Black: Small (17.5”), Medium (20”) and Large (22”)
Regency Green: Large (22”) only
Latest model available in all combinations.
A sense of refinement and elegance runs through every aspect of the Princess. It is fitted with a combination of beautifully enamelled, hand-lined mudguards and rear skirtguards to keep you dry whilst preventing any mishaps as you glide through your surroundings. Also included is a full chaincase, which protects you from any unsightly grease marks and reduces any maintenance your bicycle may need. The Princess therefore represents the perfect marriage of beauty and practicality, making owning and riding this cycle the utmost pleasure.
The Princess Sovereign has the full complement of 5 wide-ratio hub gears, a handy frame-fitted lock, a versatile rear luggage rack and a front dynamo headlamp that never needs batteries.
The styling of the Princess has been used at Pashley since their very earliest days in the 1920s, and as a result it is plain to see that the design has stood the test of time. The combination of this classic reliability with hand-built quality and the very best modern components makes the Princess an unrivalled cycling experience that will charm you with years of comfort, dependability and joy.
Colour: Buckingham Black or Regency Green.
Gears: Sturmey Archer 3 speed, low maintenance hub gear (XRD-3) with trigger shifter.
Frame: Traditionally lugged and brazed hand-crafted steel frame.
Fork: Tubular crown, hand brazed.
Saddle: Antique brown Brooks B66s natural leather saddle with twin coil springs.
Handlebar: Chrome plated raised bar, with authentic black rubber grips, on an alloy and stainless steel stem.
Brakes: Sturmey Archer all-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.
Wheels: 26" polished alloy rims with stainless steel spokes (22" frame has 28" rims).
Tyres: 26 x1 3/8" Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres (22" frame has 28 x 1/2" tyres) with puncture protection.
Mudguards: Classic profile steel guards with hand-applied gold lining and rear reflector.
Pedals: Alloy body with non-slip inserts.
Crankset: Traditional slender chromed steel cranks.
Other Features: Fully-enclosed chaincase, large ding-dong bell, wicker basket, protective skirtguard, frame-fitting pump.
Frame Sizes: 17.5", 20" and 22"
The Princess features rear skirtguards integrated with the hand-lined mudguards to provide all season practicality and comfort. Additionally, the Sovereign model features a multi-tube alloy rack for added luggage support.
A fully enclosed chaincase protects you and your bike from unwanted grease and grime. This helps to reduce wear and tear on the chain and decreases the amount of maintenance that your bike will require.
- Classic step-over frame design with elegant upright riding position: an easy to mount/dismount frame with comfortable upright riding position that allows you a good view of other road users and the scenery, and the added bonus of encouraging a healthy posture. The frame has been hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess.
- Classic 3 speed hub gears: With a traditional easy-to-use thumb gear lever, they allow you to glide along flatter terrain with ease and climb inclines at a gentle pace. Fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- Large 'ding-dong' bell: lovely and loud, announce your arrival with Pashley’s splendid ‘ding-dong’ bell
- Classic wicker basket: this iconic basket sits elegantly on the front of your bicycle and is just the right size for your daily food shop, picnics or even a small dog!
- Reflectors for added visibility: front, rear, and pedal reflectors all help to keep you safer on the road at night.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Traditional style mudguards: with beautiful hand-applied gold-line detail, they protect you from unsightly mud splashes, providing all-weather practicality.
- Protective skirtguard: helps to prevent flowing attire from entangling in the rear wheel.
- Traditional Brooks B66s sprung leather saddle: One of Brook's most loved saddles, it's classically sprung with double support rails for supreme comfort. The ideal all-rounder for daily city or touring use in an upright riding posture. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- Classic frame-fitted pump: a traditional design in highly polished chrome, it fits securely to the cycle frame via integrated pump-pegs; easily at-hand when your tyres need an extra top-up of air.
- Fully-enclosed protective chaincase: protects you from greasy oil marks and helps to reduce wear on the chain from grit and water.
- Classic tyres with puncture protection: a reliable tyre with a puncture protection insert, and a tread design that allows for secure contact with the road surface but with a low rolling resistance.