Pashley Guv'nor 3-Speed
Pashley Guv'nor 3-Speed
The Guv’nor is a revival of one of Pashley’s oldest designs, the 1930s Path Racer, but updated to cope with the demands of modern life. Legendary Reynolds 531 steel is used by our craftsmen to produce a frame with a classic slack geometry, which provides you a dynamic yet natural riding position aided by the inclusion of authentic North Road handlebars.
It is not only unique in its ride quality but in its aesthetic, exuding an elegance that hearkens back to the simple beauty of the original design. From the gold limed black alloy Westwood rims to the Brooks B17 leather saddle that has graced the best racing cycles for over 100 years, every aspect of the Guv’nor has been carefully selected to evoke the glory of path racing history. Add to this the benefits of Sturmey Archer hub brakes, enclosed to be reliable in all weathers, and puncture resistant Schwalbe tyres and the Guv’nor becomes the epitome of refined British road cycling with the very best componentry.
The Guv’nor is a real head turner that has the performance to match, guaranteed to give you years of riding and racing pleasure.
Colour: Buckingham Black.
Gears: Sturmey Archer XRD single speed or XRD-3 speed hub gear with trigger shifter.
Frame: Traditional lugged and brazed construction with authentic 1930s geometry. Scalloped lugs and Reynolds 531 butted tubes. Individually hand-built
Fork: Tubular crown, hand-brazed.
Saddle: Antique brown Brooks B17 natural leather saddle with titanium chassis.
Handlebar: North Road drop bar on a forged alloy quill stem.
Brakes: Sturmey Archer all-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.
Wheels: 28" gold lined black alloy Westwood rims (26" for the 20" frame) with stainless steel spokes.
Tyres: 28x1 1/2" Cream Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres (26 x 1 3/8" tyre size for the 20" frame) with Kevlar Guard belt puncture protection and reflective side walls.
Mudguards: None supplied.
Pedals: MKS Sylvan Stream.
Crankset: Polished alloy crankset (46T, 170mm) with guard.Other Features: Micro-adjust alloy seatpost, brass bell, hand-made leather grips, Guv'nor Maintenance Kit (UK only).
Frame Sizes: 20", 20.5", 22.5" and 24.5" (double top tube frame)
The Guv’nor features the finest components carefully selected to achieve perfect authenticity. From its gold-lined Westwood rims and cream tyres to its Brooks B17 ‘Champion Special’ leather saddle, it retains its distinctive 1930s style in every detail.
It wouldn’t be a Path Racer without the North Road drop style handlebars. We’ve fitted these beautiful swept bars with Pashley’s own handmade leather grips for both style and comfort.
- Iconic North Road handlebars: A Path Racer wouldn’t be complete without North Road dropped handlebars. These beautiful swept bars offer iconic style and a relaxed racing position. Finished with Pashley’s hand-crafted fine leather grips.
- Brass ‘ping’ Bell: A classic bell that is a refined addition to any bicycle. The bell has a domed shape body with a simple sprung finger mechanism that sounds out a clear ‘ting’ to let others know you're approaching. The bell can be attached to either the handlebars or the stem.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Westwood rims with gold hand-lined pin-striping: manufactured to exactly the same profile as the original steel rims, these special Westwood rims feature a wide single-wall cross section in aluminium for corrosion resistance and reduced weight.
- Classic single speed or 3 speed hub gears options: The classic single speed option (shown) is where clean lines and simplicity - no gear cabling or shifters - is your cup of tea, and speed is more important than distance. The traditional 3 speed option, with easy-shift thumb lever, allows you to race along on flatter terrain, as well as tackle inclines whilst out on longer day rides.
- Classic cream tyres with puncture protection and reflective side-walls: With robust, densely-woven carcass' that offer great puncture resistance, but using a fabric that needs less rubber coating and thus has a reduced weight. An inner Kevlar Guard belt provides additional puncture protection and a reflective band around the circumference of the tyre walls provide extra visibility after darkness.
- Traditional Brooks B17 leather saddle with titanium chassis: A 100 year old design, this saddle is the lightweight titanium chassis version of Brooks' flagship model. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. It's finished with large hand-beaten copper rivets and comes with handy rear luggage loops.
- Iconic Path Racer frame with dynamic riding position: Authentic 1930s frame with long stable wheelbase and relaxed steering geometry, suited to speed cycling as well as longer day rides. The frame is hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with original lightweight Reynolds 531 tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess. With traditional tubular crown forks and specially formed D section stays.