NEW MODEL - ORDER NOW FOR SPRING DELIVERY!
The handsome Briton is a lighter specification bicycle offering smooth maneuverability and reliability. Perfect for the commuter or gentleman-about-town, the Briton’s classic chainguard and mudguards keep you looking sharp, while the enclosed hub brakes and gears will handle any weather.
Oxford Blue or Oxblood
The perfect companion to the glorious Britannia, the new Briton is a 5-speed model coming in a choice of classic Oxford Blue or Oxblood, with striking cream tyres. It takes inspiration from Pashley’s flagship Roadster bicycle, but with a lighter specification and a slightly more relaxed riding style.
The classic chainguard and mudguards keep you clean and looking your best, whilst the reliable hub brakes and gears are effective no matter what the weather conditions. Comfort is enhanced by the inclusion of soft cork grips and a hand-made sprung Brooks aged leather saddle, which gradually shapes to your form to become a truly customised and supportive seat. A front dynamo headlamp and rear LED light keeps you visible at night, and a sturdy ‘kick-down’ propstand allows you to stand your bicycle upright with ease.
It is a bicycle with real character, perfect as a companion for your commute to work, a weekend jaunt into the countryside, or a quick spin to your local cafe. The term ‘Briton’ has roots in the iron age yet reflects a modern and inclusive culture and joins the range firmly flying the flag for Pashley’s traditional craftsmanship and manufacturing.
Oxford Blue or Oxblood
Sturmey Archer 5 speed C50 hub gear with thumb shifter control.
Traditionally lugged and brazed hand-crafted steel frame.
Tubular crown, hand brazed.
Aged brown Brooks B67 natural leather saddle with tie detailing and twin coil springs.
Stainless raised bar on alloy and stainless steel stem.
All-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.
28" polished alloy rims with stainless steel spokes.
28 x1 1/2" Cream Schwalbe Delta Cruiser tyres (20" frame has 26x1 3/8" tyres) with Kevlar Guard belt puncture protection and reflective side walls.
Classic profile steel guards with hand-applied silver lining.
Alloy body with non-slip rubber inserts.
Traditional slender chromed steel cranks.
Protective chainguard, small ding-dong bell, classic hub-dynamo headlamp, LED rear light, propstand, cork grips, frame-fitted pump.
Small (20"), Medium (20.5"), Large (22.5") or Extra Large (24.5" - double top-tube frame)
- Classic geometry with elegant upright riding position: Comfortable 'sit up and beg' style upright riding position that allows you a good view of other road users and the scenery, and the added bonus of encouraging a healthy posture. With a long stable wheelbase and relaxed steering geometry. The frame is hand-built using 100-year-old traditional methods - with tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess.
- Soft touch cork grips: with ergonomic shaping these soft-touch cork-compound grips provide added comfort and secure handling whilst cycling.
- Small 'ding-dong' bell: a dainty ding-dong bell which sounds an elegant little 'ding-dong' to politely let pedestrians know you are arriving.
- 5 speed hub gears: With an easy-shift gear lever, they allow you to tackle hills and glide along gracefully on flatter terrain with ease. Fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- Classic front lamp and rear LED light: a fully-fitted lighting set offers added safety with a dynamo powered classic headlamp - no batteries needed - and a high-visibility rear LED light.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Traditional style mudguards: with beautiful hand-applied silver-line detail, they protect you from unsightly mud splashes, providing all-weather practicality.
- Reflectors for added visibility: front, rear, and pedal reflectors all help to keep you safer on the road at night.
- Protective chainguard: a streamlined chainguard that protects you from greasy oil marks, and helps prevent your attire from catching in the chain.
- Easy-to-park propstand: a sturdy ‘kick-down’ propstand allows you to stand your bicycle upright with ease.
- Classic cream tyres with puncture protection and reflective side-walls:with robust, densely-woven carcasses that offer great puncture resistance, but using a fabric that needs less rubber coating and thus has a reduced weight. An inner Kevlar Guard belt provides additional puncture protection and a reflective band around the circumference of the tyre walls provide extra visibility after darkness.
- Classic frame-fitted pump: a traditional design in highly polished chrome, it fits securely to the cycle frame via integrated pump-pegs; easily at-hand when your tyres need an extra top-up of air.
- Traditional Brooks B67 aged sprung leather saddle: Aged natural leather saddle with elegant tie detailing. Ideal for country rides, absorbing the bumps as you go. Classically sprung for supreme comfort, the softer aged leather makes this saddle comfortable from day one and allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time. With handy rear luggage loops.