Limited Edition Brooks Roadster
Limited Edition Brooks Roadster
Pashley are pleased to introduce the new Limited Edition Roadster in celebration of Brooks’ 150th Anniversary.
The Roadster, a traditional city bike, comes in Granite Blue and is equipped with a special edition Brooks B33 leather saddle with copper-plated rails. It also features Brooks leather handlebar grips, as well as other copper detailing to reflect the “spirit” of the project, copper being one of the most distinguishing and iconic aspects of the Brooks brand.
NOTE: MEDIUM-SIZED FRAME SOLD OUT
Only 150 of this special model of bicycle were produced by Pashley. Each comes with special Brooks 150th Anniversary graphics and is available in 20.5”, 22.5” (sold out) and 24” frame sizes.
Pashley has a long association with Brooks, having initially been based 5 miles away from their factory in Birmingham. Many of the bicycles in the Pashley range use Brooks saddles and have done so almost continuously since Pashley was founded in 1926.
Both companies continue with the tradition of making fine products in Great Britain for discerning customers all over the world.
Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub gear (XRD-3) with trigger shifter.
Traditionally lugged and brazed hand-crafted steel frame.
Tubular crown, hand brazed.
Brooks B33 natural leather saddle in black with copper-plated stranded rear coil and front loop springs.
Chrome plated raised bar on an alloy stem, with authentic black rubber grips.
Sturmey Archer all-weather, low maintenance front and rear hub brakes.
28" black anodised alloy rims and stainless steel spokes.
28x1 1/2" Schwalbe Delta Cruiser with puncture protection.
Classic profile steel guards with hand-applied copper lining and rear reflector.
Alloy body with non-slip rubber inserts.
Traditional slender chromed steel cranks
Brooks 150th anniversary graphics, protective chainguard, Brooks leather slender grips with copper end caps, copper 'ping' bell, copper-plated mudguard stays and front mudguard 'nose', frame-fitted pump.
Small (20.5"), Medium (22.5" - sold out) or Large (24.5" - double top tube frame)
- Classic geometry with elegant upright riding position: Comfortable 'sit up and beg' style upright riding position that allows you a good view of other road users and the scenery, and the added bonus of encouraging a healthy posture. With a long stable wheelbase and relaxed steering geometry. The frame is hand-built using 100 year old traditional methods - with tubing hand-brazed into lugs - for the attention to detail that only a frame crafted by hand can possess.
- Special Edition Brooks Slender Grips: Brooks Slender Leather Grips are made with tape from the same vegetable tanned leather used for Brooks Saddles. The design incorporates an aluminium shell around which the bar tape is wrapped in the manner of traditional handlebar tape. The leather is then held in place by copper and steel clamps which can be removed in the event that the tape requires replacement.
- Copper 'Ping' bell: A classic bell that is a refined addition to any bicycle. The bell has a domed shape body with a simple sprung finger mechanism that sounds out a clear ‘ting’ to let others know you're approaching.
- Classic 3 speed hub gears: With a traditional easy-to-use thumb gear lever, they allow you to glide along flatter terrain with ease and climb inclines at a gentle pace. Fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- Reflectors for added visibility: front, rear, and pedal reflectors all help to keep you safer on the road at night.
- Low maintenance hub brakes and gears: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, hub brakes and gears are long-lasting and robust and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- Traditional style mudguards with copper detailing: with beautiful hand-applied copper-line detail and copper-plated 'nose' and mudgaurds stays, they protect you from unsightly mud splashes, providing all-weather practicality.
- Protective chainguard: a streamlined chainguard that protects you from greasy oil marks, and helps prevent your attire from catching in the chain.
- Classic tyres with puncture protection: With robust, densely-woven carcass' that offer great puncture resistance, but using a fabric that needs less rubber coating and thus has a reduced weight. An inner Kevlar Guard belt provides additional puncture protection.
- Classic frame-fitted pump: a traditional design in highly polished chrome, it fits securely to the cycle frame via integrated pump-pegs; easily at-hand when your tyres need an extra top-up of air.
- Traditional Brooks B33 150th Special Edition leather sprung saddle: A special edition to celebrate Brooks' 150th Anniversary in black leather with resplendent all copper-plated frame and hand-hammered copper rivets. Classically sprung, it's the only Brooks model to still feature front loop springs; its strength and durability make it ideal for heavy-duty cycling. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- Brooks 150th Anniversary Graphics: The frame features Brooks' 150th Anniversary logo and Pashley graphics all in the celebratory copper colour.